Jan 27, 2008

Republic day musings at Bhopal

bhopale saniaIt was a long day for both the friends. Tired and exhausted, they slumped in the vacant chairs in the famous Bhopal restaurant, not very far from the Lal Parade Ground. “Sit,” said one to the other. “The last year has been really tough for both of us. Constant insults, prolonged court cases even in matters of such great national interest, I am really serious about migrating from this country.”
“Yah", chirped the other "You are right. If we migrate from this country will have nothing to be proud of. Only the other day, this fellow Narayana Murthy, he did not allow me to be sung when our president visited his office. Can you believe that?”
“Ah, and it is even worse for me! After this woman pointing her feets towards me, I’ve been cut with a knife. Some chaps at a function made a cake with my design, and Sachin Tendulkar, he came and cut me up.”
"This is terrible! After fifty nine years, still we have to tolerate all this nonsense. What is the use of waiting for courts to deliver justice? They can't even get simple cases solved. I am telling you I would have really left this country for good. It is only the love of this one man out of the 1.5 billion people. This is the man who makes me stay"
Both friends, the national anthem and the national flag, looked on adoringly as a group of young Bhopalis and their leader waited patiently for the local media people to arrive before they could start collecting the flags lying everywhere and destroy them in private with full dignity according to the Flag Code of India, 2002. It is not everyone who wants to be patriotic for nothing

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bhopal : A Prayer for Rain

Bhopal : A Prayer for Rain, a film on the Bhopal gas tragedy of 1984, was declared tax-free in Madhya Pradesh by chief minister Shivraj ...